My single biggest frustration that I believe is correctable, is the lack of reading and writing stamina. I have had to decide some goals for my lessons and the associated activities to achieve this. The first was to change the overall goal of my class. My classes have become more focused on Reading and Writing within the context of History/Government. With the primary purposed changing slightly it allowed me to focus on more specific goals that are part of each activity or lesson.
Specific Goals of Reading and Writing Stamina
- Encourages stamina to stick with a complex text.
- Allows students an opportunity to struggle a bit and still find success.
- Invites problem solving or requires continued support.
- Allows for transfer of a strategy to other texts/tasks.
- Eventually fades or becomes obsolete with experience and practice.